Friday 24 February 2012

Zephyranthes Lily 葱兰/韮兰



One and half year ago (in Aug 2010), I bought a few bulbs of Zephyranthes Lily.


28/Jan/2012, see how many I harvest today, what you have seen are half of the bulbs I have harvested. The pots are so full and no room for the roots to expand. It's time to transplant to split to more pots.







Cutting off the existing leaves and transplant them into 4 new pots with new soil. Their new homes are now having bigger room for them to develop their roots. During the first few days after transplant, I put them at a shade corner in order to let them get used to the new pots. And then, reposition them to a sunny spot and to be well fertilised.





24/Feb/2012, they have established in the new pots and grow new leaves. Less than 1 month time, they start to bloom again and produce many flowers

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I recently replanted the bulbs of my zephyranthes lily.. and i wasn't thinking what i was doing. besides trimming the green stems, i trimmed the roots too. :/ does that mean that the bulbs won't grow anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this one need rain then only will grow flowers?

    ReplyDelete